Friday, August 12, 2005

Je l'Ai Fini!

I did it, and now, I am sad it is all over. My only regret: while surfing one night, I accidently read a few spoilers telling me who the Half Blood Prince was and who dies. It really spoiled a lot of the experience for me. But, not to worry, no spoilers here. Unlike Sue-Asian, I would rather discover the twists and turns on my own.
It was good, it was dark (a little scary-- I can see how it could be terrifying for a young child), and there is plenty of teen romance/angst stuff. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are certainly growing up.
Needless to say, I am, all at once, looking forward to the seventh and am loathe for it to be released-- it's the last one!
Like every other book in the series, I got this one and did not stop reading it until I finished it. I think in total 16 hours (but only because I fell asleep, took time to eat a bite, and other unavoidable necessities).
I got a call from the bookstore that it had arrived on Tuesday, but couldn't pick it up until Wednesday afternoon. I had already planned to spend Wednesday at the Louvre, so I had to wait until that evening to begin.
Worth the wait.

If you've read it, let me know what you thought--just be sure (if necessary) to label your comment with SPOILER ALERT to warn those who've not begun/finished.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPOILER ALERT
It was hard to see him die in weakened, helpless state-- instead of go out fighting. And, it totally sucked that he was killed by someone he trusted-- making him look weak and fallible in the end. Not great and powerful.

Katts

1:02 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Hey, some of you might not be familiar with the above art work. That is what the US Scholastic editions look like. Our illustrator is different from the UK one as well.

Katts-
In retrospect, I see why he needed to die-- but, I agree with you and just wish that it was in a different way.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I still wanna read it, but I just couldn be bothered paying for it.

I'll wait until I bump into someone that has and then "steal" it for a few days...

Then again, its Harry Potter, make that ONE day.

9:47 PM  
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Yuck.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home