Saturday, July 29, 2006

one hundred


This is it: both my 100th post and the last words of wisdom I offer to you from abroad. I am leaving France in two days, and disconnecting my internet in a few minutes. Thus, my 101st post will be direct from the Pacific Northwest. I should mention that July 14th was also Serena Abroad.com's first birthday. France celebrated with fireworks and declared the day a holiday, thus post offices and government buildings were all closed. I was touched.
The year has been good, bad, great, terrible, educational, I feel like I've regressed in so many ways. Above all, I don't want to return to the States, but understand that that is the plan laid before me. I have never been one to argue with "fate." I return hopeful that the year will truly be full of "lasts." And, I get to see some people I have missed (glass half full), but will be forced to mingle with those I left trying to escape (glass half empty).
Looking back on the blog, some of the things I've experienced/written about still make me laugh, while I feel that other posts would've been much richer (and possibly much shorter) had I been willing to share a little bit more of my real identity. Dommage. I also noticed several spelling/grammar errors and am happy to say that I really just don't care enough to go back and fix them. Desolée.
Well, friends, I will be back to post on my re-entry next week, but until, thanks for reading, your comments, and support.
Á bientôt,

Serena

9 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

that's today's second post: whew!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Bon Voyage mon ami!!

Get back to blogging when you are back home OK??

Good Luck (Bonne Chance)!!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see your last post!

can't wait to come out to that one college town and hang out. are things geting settled for life at that one house?

I am stuck in Belgium with my sister...looks like last year....deja vu all over.

TTFN

8:24 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Well, if you start a Serena at home blog let us know where it is.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey-safe journey back to the States, we are anxiously awaiting number 101.

(By the way, no knock-knock evangelist to be found in San Antonio...)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Hmmmmmm.... you managed to comment but NOT to post??

PLEASE BLOG AGAIN!!! Please?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Okay. I know you're back. Now post something.
Umm, plaese?

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Good luck Serena...Have a safe trip home.

3:26 AM  
Blogger JgStephan said...

Hi Serena,
I hope you had a good journey back to the States. ^^

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home