Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hairballs


The 3 Jours, 3 Euros film festival ended tonight with classic medical drama Deep Throat at the Brady Theatre on Blvd. de Strasbourg. I had finished watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (not nearly as funny in french) at The Rex and made it just in time to get a seat in the front row. The house was packed. With men, women, all ages-- which was quite a relief to me (being SWF toute seule).
It was funny, over the top, cheese (for lack of a better word-- but, ewww! that one seems really inappropriate). I have to admit, I wasn't overly impressed with Linda's *ahem* skills, until the final scene. Here, her partner was quite endowed-- more so than the rest of the men in the film, and she definately deserved a round of applause for swallowing such a difficult...er, um 'pill' (long and thick).
I think this is a generational thing-- kind of like when we (children of the 1980's and 90's) see Diane Keaton play charming neurotic, quirky girl. To many of us, it's just another neurotic quirky girl, and are too young or too ignorant to understand that it was she that popularized--some may say invented it. Back then, 'deep throating' it was almost nonexistent as many men and women were ignorant about the pleasures of oral sex and fearful of its moral ramifications. I, however, do not suffer from the same affliction. And to see a woman go (all the way) down on a man is not sensational to me. Just what I hope to be business as usual for many happy couples. But, again, I think this has more to do with what will heretofore be referred to as the Diane Keaton Effect (gosh, I hope that catches).
What was, however, sensational to me was the amount of pubic hair my 3 euros afforded me. Maybe it was because I was sitting in the front row, but I left with the distinct feeling my gums had just received a 'deep' flossing. Ick! We are talking about very, very bushy, hairy balls, shaft, pussy, and ass. Linda was the only egyptian hairless in the bunch, and everyone else was walking around (okay, not a lot of 'walking' per se in this film) au natural. Now, I like to think of this as a travel blog (just go with me on this), and do not often blog about sex (and anything relating to), but I am with GamblOr on the whole pubic hair issue. If there's grass on that field, I am willing to forfeit (which sounds a bit more Michael Jackson than I intend). Hair just makes a messy situation worse, and while I can tolerate it, I generally won't. If I go to the trouble (and PAIN!) of taking care of my business, I expect the same general grooming efforts from my partner. We are not animals. We have several hygiene options that are much more effective than those of our feline friends who lick themselves clean only to later cough up the nasty reminders of what seperates us from them.
Also, (yes, I am aware that many prefer a big bush) I just think it feels better. Anyone with me on that? Anyone? At all?
Okay, I am finished.
Go see Deep Throat in a theatre or rent it for the comfort of your own home. It was a good flick, but I have a feeling I would've enjoyed it more stoned. Out of respect for my modest 'adoring fans,' I will not post any graphic pictures, but I am happy to direct you here (scroll down a bit). There are many, many more pictures of the most famous blow job in the world, just hop over to yahoo and enter any number of obvious key words.


This one's only worth 5 pts. (film and character):

"There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it. "



This showed up in my Google images search for "Deep Throat." Kinda funny, kinda disturbing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

No, really. Feel free to start throwing around "The Diane Keaton Effect" in conversation. Let's get it started!

1:30 AM  
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Pop Cultural Misfit strikes again!
Austin Powers - Dr. Evil ;)

2:47 AM  
Blogger JgStephan said...

We are not animals - Well said..
I haven't seen the "hairy" film but it sounds disgusting. ;)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Hairy is UNCOOL.

I agree with you on that one.

GET IT SORTED PEOPLE!!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home